Thursday, October 6, 2011

COLLECTION #70: Large, Old Photos of People Whom I Do Not Know

 
I've been buying and collecting vintage photos for years now... ever since I was in college. My senior BFA project was doing  black and white line-art illustrations of old photos, and I've always been fascinated by these unknown people. Who were they? What were their lives like? Are any of them still alive? How did their photos end up at a flea market or antique mall?

I love finding photos that are out-of-the-ordinary, humorous, or especially beautiful. Most of my photo collection is regular sized snapshots, but I do have a few older photos that are 5x7 or larger. Here are most of these larger ones:





Last but not least, here's one of the drawings I did for my BFA project at BYU back in 1974 or 1975, based on an old photo:


1 comment:

Esther Andrews said...

I always find it so sad that these faces have no family! They are so beautiful!!