Friday, October 28, 2011

COLLECTION #86: Basic Science Education Series Books

 
 Along with my traditional vintage school textbooks, I have a few interesting school books I have picked up along the way. Included in this category, are a number of these Basic Science Education Series books, published by Row-Peterson in the 1940s and 1950s. They were used as supplements to the regular science textbooks, each one covering a particular subject such as light, gravity, the seasons, electricity, etc. They were written to appeal to the interests and academic level of the different age groups.




Some of the books are illustrated with photographs, others with lovely, realistic artwork, and others with fun, stylized illustrations.  I thought you might enjoy seeing my little booklets.

No comments: