Thursday, July 28, 2011

COLLECTION #20: Delft Pottery

A few humble pieces of Delft blue pottery- like many of my collections, these just sort of dropped into my lap from various sources. Although I love blue & white pottery, I haven't really tried to collect the lovely pottery from the Netherlands. I bought some of the smaller pieces years ago in Solvang, California, the cute Danish village north of Santa Barbara. The large clock was given to my by my Mom, she bought it back for me from Europe in the early '80s.



I just had to include Muffy Vanderbear- dressed in her Dutch finery. I keep her in my china cabinet with all the rest of my blue and white dishes, and she looks so cute, I thought she belonged in this collection.



1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Had to look closely at this one since I'm Dutch. I have a whole room decorated with Delft blue walls and accessories. (However, I have never seen those clocks before and I like them.)