Monday, July 11, 2011

COLLECTION #7: Children's Records


It's Music Monday! I have a few sweet little children's records from the 30s, 40s & 50s. I love the great graphics and fun colors. For a time in the 50s, the records themselves were part of the whole visual experience: from colored 'vinyl', to artwork printed right on the surface of the record (I don't have any of those, rats!), to the fun 'moving picture' records that animated when they went 'round and 'round. That fun technology was visible when a special mirrored topper was placed on the spindle of the record player, bringing old Frosty the Snowman, or whoever, to life.

A few of these cute records belonged to my Mother-in-law. She owned the Hansel & Gretel, Three Little Pigs, and the Unsuccessful Elf. These records included the story to go along with the music, and some contained multiple records, just like the 'grown up' record albums.


I hope you enjoy these musical memories from the past!

No comments: