Monday, January 16, 2012

COLLECTION #143: Vintage Mormon Song Books


Not to be confused with my vintage hymn books (Mormon or otherwise), these are vintage song books, some of which do contain hymns, but they are mostly youth religious or fun songs. These books are from the 1930s-1950s.


 I remember well the little book called The Children Sing. It was the song book we used when I was a child, and I spent about an hour this morning, going through it at my piano, plunking out some of the long-forgotten children's songs.  It really brought back so many happy memories of singing in Primary and Junior Sunday School back in Glendale and South Pasadena.

A few years before my Dad passed away, I remember he and his younger brother Kent getting together (both well into their 80s), and singing their childhood favorite, "A Mormon Boy".  I never knew that one, but it's nice to know that some of these songs remain in our memories our entire lives... no matter how old we get to be!





1 comment:

joscelyne cutchens said...

i do love old books too, I bought a few old song books at a library sale a few years ago. On my wish list for our next home: a piano and lessons. :)