Tuesday, April 3, 2012

COLLECTION #199: Vintage Easter Toys


And not just any vintage Easter toys, but my own from my childhood. The two large Mr. and Mrs. Bunny banks by Knickerbocker Toys, were given to me for Easter in 1957 or 1958. I loved them, and kept them safe all these years (except for the unfortunate demise of Mrs. Bunny's stylish cat-eye glasses, which broke somewhere along the line. I still have one of the eyepiece sides, but the other side is long gone).



The two adorable small yellow bunnies were not from my childhood, but I've had them for a very long time. They are made out of brittle plastic, and date from the early '50s. The one on the left is also Knickerbocker, and the one on the right is from Rosbro Plastics, Pawtucket, RI. (Now home to Hasbro!)

I love my sweet vintage Easter toys,  I even created a layout about them a couple of years ago. Enjoy!


Here is me and my brother Gene and dog Sandy, with all my toys lined up, watching TV. Notice the bunny banks on the window sill!  (1957 or 1958).

3 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

That is so funny!! Look at your poor brother surrounded by all of those toys. I think that this photo shows so much of the person you have become!

Stefanie Eskander said...

You're right Esther... even then I had my collections surrounding me! (Wish I still had all of those dolls! And my stuffed black poodle!)

Chris said...

I left England about this time for Hawaii. The T.V. tray in your photo reminds me of all the products made around that time, because of the T.V.