Thursday, April 5, 2012

COLLECTION #201: Vintage Easter Photos

This cute photo of li'l me was taken by a photographer from the Malheur (Oregon) Enterprise, and it was published in 1954, shortly before we moved from Oregon to California.

Don't you just love old Easter photos? Seeing sweet little innocent faces with their Easter baskets, shiny Sunday shoes, Easter bonnets? I have a variety of vintage Easter photos. Most are of my own family, but some are of strangers. I hope you enjoy them!

This photo looks like it was taken in the 1920s or 30s, if you look closely you can see some of the bunnies and eggs in the baskets!

Easter, 1955. This is my older sister Lynne and me. As I recall, that dress was white with red trim, so I must have had on a red petticoat and red socks! Los Angeles, CA

Easter, 1955, in our front yard in Los Angeles, CA. Present were my siblings, Lynne, Leslie and Gene, and my three cousins Kay, Jeff and Don. And of course, me!

In front of our new house in South Pasadena, taken Easter 1957. Mom made my Easter dress.

This is my husband Bruce, taken in front of HIS house in South Pasadena, likely the same year!

A group of unknown California school kids, with their cute paper Easter bonnets, and giant egg artwork

Me, Easter 1963, when I was 12. This would have been my last Easter basket, as my parents didn't carry the Easter toy & basket tradition on into our teen years.

Easter, 1963. South Pasadena, CA


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled onto your pics - very cute. I remember the scratchy pettis (and showing my age - I'm 58 -where did the time go???) and the skirt pushing out so far it was hard not to give the boys a show.

Thanks for the memories!

Sara (sarabear0011@yahoo.com, in Santa Monica, CA)