Friday, May 18, 2012

COLLECTION #233: Vintage Children's Illustrations



Since it's Ephemera Week, I'm breaking my tradition of posting my vintage school books on Fridays, and instead, sharing some really sweet children's illustration prints from my collection. These are all just loose prints, from old magazines and books. They are all from the 1920s and 1930s. I really don't have much to add about the details of the illustrators or publications, as I haven't done my research. The important thing is to share them with you so you can see what adorable artwork our parents, grandparents, and perhaps great-grandparents enjoyed when they were small. Most of them are pen and ink, with perhaps some added color. They are without exception, adorable. I hope you enjoy!






This is a detail of the artwork above.
I hope you enjoyed our little journey through ephemera this week. It was fun trying to think of new and interesting items to share with you each day. If you collect ephemera, I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment and tell me what kinds of things you collect!

No comments: