Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Even though I'm not as active in the collecting world as I once was, I have decided to start a collector Instagram account, since Instagram is a much more lively world than blogging right now. But I love writing about my collections, and posting, and having an archive of my "stuff" which is not so easy on Instagram. So, for those of you who are interested, you can find me @stefcollectsstuff on Instagram. And I'll continue posting from time to time here on the Copycat Collector.

One of my composition Nancy Ann Storybook dolls

2 comments:

Judy Martin Bowyer said...

I stumbled across your blog and hope you might be able to answer a question. I was in first grade in 1954-55 and we used Houghton Mifflin readers every year--the Jack and Janet, Tip and Mitten series. I'm trying to locate a copy of the first grade reader in that series that would have been my reader in 1954 when I learned to read. If you can identify for me the name of that first grade reader, I'll know what to look for. I've searched eBay and recognized some of the titles of readers for sale that I learned from, but they don't identify what grade level they were.

Thanks for any help you might have for me.

Judy

Stefanie Eskander said...

Hi Judy: I found you on Facebook, and left you a message. But the answer to your question is there was a Houghtan Mifflin first grade book, it was for second semester (since first semester first grade was using the pre-primers). It's called Up and Away. I hope you are successful at finding it! -Stefanie