Wednesday, July 20, 2011

COLLECTION #14: Cooking Booklets


I love these fun cooking brochures... they were given away by everyone from stove manufacturers to baking powder companies. Filled with 'test kitchen' recipes and cooking hints, they were everything an American homemaker could want to sharpen her culinary skills and inform her of the latest nutritional information. I love the great mid-century graphics on this red one. Isn't the illustration cute?
And this booklet had recipes of all of your favorite movie stars of the 1950s, aprons and all!















1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I have a cross stitch piece in my kitchen that says, "My collection of cookbooks is greater than my cooking". Don't know how true that is of your cooking, but this collection reminds me of that quote.