Saturday, July 30, 2011

THE WEEKEND COLLECTOR: Help Wanted!

As you can see, my weekend collector feature this week is empty. Although there are many collector websites and blogs on the internet, I'm having problems finding just the right ones for my weekend feature.  So, in the interest of involving my readers and casual visitors a chance to participate and help me out, I'd like to put in my plea for help. I need more collector's blogs.  Of course there are some criteria I am looking for, so check these out, and if you know of just the perfect blogs I can add to my weekend roundup, please email me at: stefanieeskander@gmail.com. Or leave me a comment on this thread.  Here's what I'm looking for:  (and a few things I'm not looking for).

1. I'm looking for a blog that's specifically designed to showcase the owner's collection(s).
  (Websites are ok, check out Mel Birnkrant's stuff here)

2. The blog must be current, updated at least in the past few months. I can't believe how many wonderful collections I discovered, only to find the blog hadn't been updated since 2008!)

3. Interesting collections. Please no gun collections, Playboy Magazine collections, drug paraphernalia, or other 'adult' or inappropriate content.

4. No collectives (group collections), commercial sites, value sites (where people submit their items for value), or blogs without photos. This has to be interesting and visually appealing. 

If I use your blog, your friend's blog, or one you find, I will credit you for the find, and link to your blog (even if it's not collecting related). So, free publicity and glory!

Help!

No comments: