Thursday, January 12, 2012

COLLECTION #141: Twin Falls, Idaho



I thought I would do something a little different today... I have a frame full of special treasures from a special town: Twin Falls, Idaho, and I wanted to share them with you. This is my Mom's home town. Mom is going to be turning 100 in a couple of weeks, so in her honor, I wanted to feature some special things about Twin Falls. Mom graduated from Twin Falls High School in 1930, so these photos and cards are from the 20s and 30s.



I love the photos of Mom. They were taken during her adolescent years, and reflect a girl with confidence, style, and character. The one on the top left, with her looking rather pensive, looks so much like my niece Tracy, Mom's oldest granddaughter. I enjoy seeing these family resemblances so much!

There are two photo postcards of downtown Twin Falls. After her graduation from high school, Mom worked downtown, as a telephone operator. She walked these sidewalks every day. In fact, it was on the sidewalks of Twin Falls that she saw my Dad for the first time. So these photos are especially meaningful to me! There is a postcard of her high school, a photo of Mom in her graduation gown, and another photo of the TFHS class of 1928, that I found in a magazine. It might not be Mom's class, but I'm sure she knew many of these kids, and it's pretty representative of the era.
 

2 comments:

Diane said...

Congratulations to your mom! Nice photo collage! Your mom has a beautiful smile! I enjoy your blog!

Esther Andrews said...

Wow! A special Happy Birthday to your mother!! I can see the family resemblences - with you and your daughters - in those photos. Your mother was (and is) so beautiful.