Wednesday, December 7, 2011

COLLECTION #114: Vintage Winter Scene Christmas Postcards



Not all Christmas cards of the past had religious or Santa themes.... one popular holiday theme was winter... pretty scenes of snow and pine trees and people tramping through snowy woods.  Here are a few vintage postcards from the early 1900s with these themes. In addition to the pretty artwork, I absolutely LOVE the fonts. I'm a font nut, and these fonts are so pretty and evocative of that time.



I shot a few of the backs of the cards too, just to see a few of the messages and handwriting, stamps, and postmarks.


I do love the one from Sunny California... being a Californian myself, I can attest to the fact that that's how my area looks.. beautiful orange groves and sometimes-snow-covered mountain peaks! Such a pretty place!

No comments: