Thursday, December 1, 2011

COLLECTION #110: Christmas Hankies

Yay! It's December, so I can crack out all of my Christmas collections! I'm not sure if I'll put one up every day in December, but I'll just see how it goes! I have a lot!




Today's collection is vintage Christmas hankies. These are all so cute, and pretty typical motif-wise with poinsettia and holly being the predominant theme. I do love that two of them are embroidered, and I adore the cute candy cane design on one of them.


Several of these have scalloped borders, and as you can see, they are all white backgrounds with red and green decoration. I think that's pretty typical of the 1950s, when I imagine all of these were made.... Nowadays you would see many more Christmas color combinations. But then again, who ever sees handkerchiefs any more? So, I'm happy to have these adorable Christmas hankies in my collection!


1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love the poinsettia's edge hankie. (I see a beautiful quilt with these!)