Tuesday, December 20, 2011

COLLECTION #123: Christmas Cabbage Patch Kids

I think this is the first time that I've posted a collection consisting of some of my own design work, but the three Christmas CPK babies were designed by me when I was a designer at Mattel in the mid '90s. They were designed as Avon exclusives... and were never sold in stores. One of the babies is a prototype- I can tell because the little holly applique is actually a drawing.



 The funny looking little Christmas tree CPK, is a limited edition Christmas collectible from Original Appalachian Artworks, the parent company/ licensor of Cabbage Patch Kids.  Her name is "Treena" (get it? LOL) and she is from 1995.
I think she also looks a bit like the Statue of Liberty. In a cute, cabbage patchy kind of way.




For this last Toy Tuesday before Christmas, I hope you enjoy these little dollies!

No comments: