Wednesday, March 7, 2012

COLLECTION #180: Vintage Mirror


It's Orphan Wednesday again, and once more, I have something interesting for your viewing pleasure. This is an antique mirror that I acquired many years ago from a friend of a friend. She was an antique dealer of sorts (actually, I think she was more of a professional garage-saler!).  We've hung this in our various houses throughout our marriage, and I've often wondered exactly how old it is, and what style. I recently added this on Collector's Weekly, as an 'unsolved mystery', so if I get any responses, and learn more about my mirror, I'll be sure to edit this post and clue you in.


My guess is it's at least 100 years old, and may be much older than that. I've photographed the details, and the back side too. If you're an expert on American antique furniture, feel free to leave me a comment with your ideas!

1 comment:

seo melbourne said...

Very nice! I am looking for this type of info and sometimes I get lucky like today...:-). Thanks for your post.


SEO Melbourne