Tuesday, March 27, 2012

COLLECTION #194: Little Duckies


Way back in the covered wagon days, before eBay and Collector's Weekly, I began a collection of ducks. This was even before the country (bleah) style of decorating took the USA by storm in the early 1980s, which was full of hideous ducks. (And also geese, cows, and teddy bears). MY ducks were generally of the white duck with yellow bill variety, not mallards, decoys, or baby ducklings. Of course, I moved on to other things to collect, and as soon as the aforementioned country style came into fashion, I abandoned my ducks like a bad mother.
Great Duck on Wheels from Boston, 1977


I still have a few of these duckies left, they are mostly very small, and still awfully cute. The adorable duck on wheels was one of the first of my collection, which I bought in Boston in 1977.  Seven photos are worth a thousand words, so I'll just present my duckies for your viewing pleasure.



No comments: