Tuesday, September 20, 2011

COLLECTION #58: Pez Dispensers

 

No, I am not a Pez collector, but I have a few of them, tucked in a little drawer in my studio. I didn't even clean them off when I photographed them!

Nothing rare, old, or particularly unusual, just a few fun ones that I've squirreled away through the years.  I love the truck one... so fun that it's different from the others!

The clowns are cool- the one on the left is from Jack-in-the-Box, and the other one, I guess, is the Pez clown. Some people hate clowns, I love them!

 Did you know that eBay was started because of a Pez collector? The wife of the founder of eBay collected Pez dispensers, and she wanted a way to find them, buy them, and sell them. So, you could say, Pez dispensers have changed the world!  I love Pez candy, by the way, no one ever talks about that! But it's yummy, especially the cherry!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Who doesn't love a sugar dispenser. I've always had fun with these and have given many away as stocking stuffers.