Monday, September 26, 2011

COLLECTION #62: Classic Sheet Music

Bing Crosby! Judy Garland! Jeanette McDonald & Nelson Eddy! Music from State Fair! Don't Give Up the Ship! Going My Way! The Harvey Girls!  Here's my collection of sheet music from the golden age of the silver screen- the late 1930s and 1940s.  Some of these tunes were enormous hits back then, but have faded into oblivion today, but some are still as unforgettable today as when the tin pan alley composers put pen to paper.  "On the Acheson, Topeka and the Santa Fe". "Swinging on a Star".  "You'll Never Know".  Some of the finest tunes ever written!




I hope you enjoy my little edition of Music Monday! What a fun way to start the week, with a little singing!

1 comment:

Chris said...

After viewing all these, I had to take dh over to youtube and we listened to some of these old favorites. They made me nostalgic for my younger days when my large family were all still around, and deciding what picture (movie) to go see that evening. I remember most of these!
Thanks for sharing.