Monday, May 21, 2012

COLLECTION #234: Vintage Pet Photographs


Admittedly, these vintage snapshots of pets and their owners aren't the highest quality. No professional shots here. But it's obvious that these (mostly) dogs were beloved by their masters, enough to feature them in a precious photo.

I often pick up old photos when I see them in flea markets or antique stores... they are sometimes found for as low as a quarter, and I really enjoy looking at the faces of the folks, trying to get a feel for their lives and times.  I have not sought to collect people and their pets, but in going through my stash, I found quite a few.  So, I'll just share them with you! These vintage photos look like they were taken in the 1930s, 40s and 50s.

Looks like the pups are upstaging the bathing beauties!

Kitty gets some attention too

Love this couple... great car too!
Hey, can't we get a look at Fido's face?
That's better!

Too bad this shot is so blurry... looks like the little guy on the left is taking a potshot at us.
The ladies love the dogs too... what's she got in that bag?
Pretty girl, ugly dog!

Just to show you that I love dogs too, here are a couple of my own layouts about my childhood dogs.

Sandy: our cocker spaniel 1950-1965

Charlie Brown, our chocolate poodle- 1965-1978


No comments: