Thursday, May 10, 2012

COLLECTION #227: Longaberger Baskets



I love my Longaberger baskets. I first heard about them back in 1992, over 20 years ago, when I went to a Longaberger party at a neighbor's home when we were living in Minnesota. I immediately fell in love with their simple classic design, handcrafted excellence, and beautiful patina and color. Although I never bought them in vast quantities (they are after all, fairly pricy), I do have a few of them and they have aged very well. All of mine are at least 10 years old, and they still look pretty, and have never broken or cracked. I kinda like that some of the nails have rusted, and 'bled' out into the wood.  I use them for so many things: for fruits and vegetables, magazines, picnics, office organization.




Maybe you have some Longaberger baskets too! I hope you love them as much as I do.



No comments: