Tuesday, November 1, 2011

COLLECTION #88: Toy Cars & Trucks


I LOVE old cars. I mean real ones. If I could drive a 1936 Cadallac LaSalle,  I would.  Bruce and I used to own a 1947 Chrysler Traveler, which we adored, but never quite got around to restoring. We finally sold it a few years ago, but its spirit still lives on in my little toy cars and trucks collection.  The dark brown car in the front row, is a similar model to ours. As is this photo, which still isn't ours, but is the same model and color.


(Actually, I suppose it's possible that this car IS ours, perhaps the guy who bought it, restored it and took this lovely photo). Regardless of the status of that or any old car, I do enjoy seeing these fun toy car replicas. Only one of them is genuinely old. That's the beat up and incomplete red car that looks like it should be a bumper car. I need to do a little research to find out what the missing parts look like. If I find out, I'll be sure to update this post!


I kinda like the Old Navy pick-up truck. A few years back Old Navy used to have lots of fun toys and retro accessories. They always had a real, full-size old navy blue pickup truck in their stores, so this is a replica of that. I haven't been in an Old Navy store in years, but I hear they retired the trucks in 2008.

The orange VW is in honor of my own first car- a 1971 orange bug. You can read more about it here.

I hope you enjoy looking at my little cars and trucks. They are very cool.

No comments: