Monday, June 25, 2012

COLLECTION #259: Vintage LPs from the 1960s


I unearthed my collection of LPs (long-playing vinyl records for you young folks!) and discovered some long-forgotten titles. I have many records from the 1960s and '70s, many of them classics that still sound good today. Some of them haven't stood the test of time, and others have faded into oblivion. A few were never popular, but suited my quirky taste in music when I was in high school and college.







I decided not to photograph them all, but I will list the titles and artists from the '60s for you.  I have others not listed, some of my records have disappeared- I don't know if they are gone for good, or if there's simply another box hiding in the garage somewhere.

The Beatles: Revolver, Introducing the Beatles, Rubber Soul, the Beatle's Second Album, Beatles '65
Mamas & Papas: If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears, The Mamas and the Papas, Farewell to the First Golden Era, 16 of Their Greatest Hits
Lovin' Spoonful: Best of the Lovin' Spoonful Volumes I & II
John Sebastian: John B. Sebastian, Real Live John Sebastian
Jefferson Airplane: The Worst of Jefferson Airplane
Simon and Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water and Wednesday Morning, 3AM
Linda Ronstadt: Silk Purse (I have other albums from the '70s)
Moody Blues: In Search of the Lost Chord
Sonny and Cher: Sonny and Cher's Greatest Hits
Joni Mitchell: Song to a Seagull (I have other albums from the '70s)
Donovan: Like it Is
Peter Paul and Mary: In the Wind
Judy Collins: Recollections, Who Knows Where the Time Goes (I have other albums from the '70s)
Ian & Sylvia: Early Morning Rain
Phil Ochs: Pleasures of the Harbor
The Limelighters: Tonight: In Person, the Slightly Fabulous Limelighters
Crosby, Stills & Nash (I have other albums from the '70s)
Jim Kweskin & the Jug Band: Jug Band Music, Garden of Joy
Arlo Guthrie: Alice's Restaurant
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Rare Junk
The Dillards: Live! The Banjo Album (Doug Dillard)
The Byrds: The Byrds Greatest Hits, Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Buffalo Springfield: Last Time Around, Retrospective
Neil Young: Neil Young, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere  (I have other albums from the '70s.)

There was a time that I owned almost all of the Beatles albums, and all the Simon & Garfunkel albums. Sadly, most of these are MIA.  But as any collector knows, your collection is only as valuable as the ones you have, not the ones that got away!

Perhaps I'll get myself a record player someday, I'd love to hear these songs again!


No comments: