Wednesday, August 10, 2011

COLLECTION #29: Vintage Girl Scout Memorabilia!



I have a modest collection of Girl Scout memorabilia...some of the things belonged to me as a scout (my original Girl Scout Pin, World Trefoil pin, and one of the song books), and the rest I've acquired over the years. My collection includes a wonderful song book from the '30s, and several vintage handbooks dating from the 30s, 40s, and 50s.



I've included a scrapbook layout of my Scout memories, which include a few photos of me as a Girl Scout. (Click on the image for a closer view) I spent 4 years in Girl Scouting, two in Brownies, and 2 in Girl Scouts. I have such happy memories of my troops, going to Camp Singing Pines and Camp Mission Ranch, marching in the South Pasadena Scout Day Parades, and just proudly wearing my uniform to school on troop meeting day.



4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I never made it to Girl Scouts - just thru Brownies. Not sure if I have any pictures or memorabilia from that time. Do Girl Scouts even have handbooks anymore?

Me, still said...

I still have my girlscout sash, from way back when...might blog about it soon...

found you through Collector's Weekly...I'm Esther110...

Calsidyrose said...

Great blog! Love your collections, love the idea of the "copycat" and agree with you. I collect a lot of the same things!

ckcpurple said...

That's really cool! I loved being a girl scout so much I am now a troop leader even though I don't have kids. I love passing on the traditions I learned as a girl.