Saturday, August 27, 2011

THE WEEKEND COLLECTOR: My Steiff Life

I discovered the fabulous collector blog My Steiff Life through the wonderful website Collectors Weekly.  Blogger and Steiff collector and expert Rebekah Kaufman, also known as Steiffgal, has been collecting, researching, writing, and cheerleading Steiff animals for over four decades. She's a third generation Steiff collector, and credits her German grandmother for kindling her love of Steiff. She inherited many of her grandmother's treasured Steiff animals, and has turned that collectors passion into a vocation, and a role as Steiff expert on many websites and publications. 


I had several Steiff animals when I was a child, and although those are gone, I still have a warm spot for the beautiful and high quality Steiff animals. I do have a couple of Steiffs on my toy shelves, but they aren't even enough for a collection. I'll just have to let Steiffgal's vast collections and knowledge take center stage on the Copycat Collector.



I hope you take the time to browse through some of her links,  especially the interesting articles that she has written about many categories of Steiff critters. I was really impressed with her vast knowledge, and  nice photos. She often helps readers identify their Steiffs, and tells stories of little known facts and interesting information about their history.

Thanks to Steiffgal for helping me bring you this fun edition of the Weekend Collector!



2 comments:

SteiffGal said...

Lovely! Many thanks for the shoutout! <3

Dawn said...

I love Steiff creations! We visited the factory years ago. Our children grew up with Steiff toys and several survived ;-)
They are tucked away for the next generation....timeless.
This is a beautiful collection!