Monday, February 13, 2012

COLLECTION #163: Vintage Western-themed Valentines


I love western themes: Cowboys and Indians,  wide-open spaces, horses, cattle, cactus, Mexican Senors and Senoritas. Western themes were really popular from the 1920s through the 1950s... from silent movies to Roy Rogers, Stage Coach to Gunsmoke. I have lots of Western themed collectibles, and these cute li'l Valentines are right up there with my other faves.



I love my giant sized Mexican boy & girl on a burro. The sombrero folds over to what used to be a 'tissue ball' hat. (it's now pretty mushed and torn).  My guess is this one is from the late 30s or 1940s.




The others are probably from the 1940s or '50s, but the cute li'l roping cowgirl and cowboy is definitely 1930s vintage.


I hope you enjoy my western Valentines, and don't mind that I've roped you into another one of my Valentine collections. I'm not horsing around, and I won't steer you wrong, (I think it's time I ride into the sunset before you brand me 'loco'!) Yippeee yi ki-yay!

No comments: