Friday, February 17, 2012

COLLECTION #167: Vintage School US History Books


When I was growing up in the 1960s, we studied California history in the 4th grade, and US history in the 5th grade. I don't know if that's still how it's done, but most of my small cache of school US history books, look to be about the 5th grade level. Several might be middle school, and one might be high school. I don't really collect high school books, but occasionally pick one up if the photos and/ or content are interesting to me! These books are all from the 1940s, 50s, and 60s.

Without further editorializing, I'll just present my books, with a few selected pages of interesting illustrations & stories shown.

Story about Gilbert Stuart, American artist

Story of Andrew Jackson


Clara Barton, founder of the Red Cross

Famed naturalist George Washington Carver


A section about slavery prior to the Civil War

No comments: